As tradition seems to dictate, I have an obligatory resolution journal and a bit of reflection on the past year.
A Happy New Year goes to everyone, whether you decide to read this or not.
Shit guys, another year in the life. I think this has been the year of my life. It really has. The second half of my year in Finland was more amazing than the first, and college has been a hell of a ride as well. Who knew I could have just as much fun in College as I did in Finland?
It really has been an amazing year.
It's hard to put into words how much this past year has meant to me, there are so many events and people that will continue to influence me for the rest of my life.'
If there's one thing I've learned, it's that taking the chance is much more valuable than the pain that could result.
I'm just going to give you a SONG THAT DESCRIBES MY YEAR PRETTY WELL:www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEhutI…
and now I'm going to stop trying to reflect on life because WHAT ARE WORDS.
Here are my resolutions for 2013:1. Teach myself to play guitar. (I don't know why this has never been a resolution because I have basically always wanted to learn to play)2. Get a job (lame resolution, but I'll actually have time this summer and I am tired of being poor)3. Be healthier (I have recently realized how terribly I eat when I'm at home and it's partly because my mom doesn't keep a good stock of food at the house, but also partly my general laziness because I'm sure I could make something out of half the food we do have.)4. Art at least once a month (as in a legit art piece, once a month.)5. KILL ZOMBIES (SURVIVE THE APOCALYPSE.)6. CARPE THAT MOTHERFUCKING DIEM (I couldn't resist. I really couldn't.)
And here were last year's resolutions:
1. art improvement (So, this is hard to judge, but I'd say general success. You know, up until I went to college and things just kinda stopped.)
2. Fluency in Finnish (okay, I'll admit this was a failure. a complete failure.)
3. experience life every day, these exact situations will never happen again and many of these people you will never see again. (another hard one to judge, but as far as this goes, I don't really have any regrets and I've been doing pretty sell at this whole carpe diem thing.)
4. be who I want to be (doing pretty well at this.)
5. complete a chapter in a comic (still having trouble with this one)
and that is my keeping-the-tradition-new-years-journal. Have a lovely new year and hopefully we'll be seeing each other more often in 2013! <3